Thursday, March 8, 2012

Whitewater Preserve, California

Whitewater Preserve is a 2851 acre preserve that provides access to the San Gorgonio Wilderness, the Whitewater River and the Pacific Crest Trail. I was astounded to find this perfect sanctuary, just off Interstate 10 near Palm Springs.
Entrance to the Preserve is free and includes free tent camping for 3 days and trail use. Wildflowers were beginning to thrive, even in late winter.
The Whitewater River, a perfect place to sit and eat lunch surrounded by water, mountains, trees, sand and rocks. Doesn't get much better than this.
One of the trout in the catch and release trout pond; great for kids learning how to fish.
That would be me, loving life in the sun, wind, mountains and desert! Happy trails to you!

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.