Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sunrise at Joshua Tree National Park, CA

Last weekend, my friend Janet and I drove up to Joshua Tree National Park and camped in the Hidden Valley Campground located in the western half of the Park. The elevations in this section are above 3000 feet and provide a perfect habitat for the wild looking Joshua Trees. Huge boulders sculpted by the elements make for awesome rock climbing. We woke up to a gorgeous sunrise and ran around with the birds and the rabbits, marveling at the radiant pink, salmon, purple and yellow streaks filling the sky.
Sweet little songbirds sang their morning songs.
The campground was still asleep and I wanted to run around and holler at people to wake up and see the sun rise; thankfully I let the grungy rock climbers sleep and simply enjoyed the morning.
Quirky Joshua Trees, which are actually a species of yucca, cast amazing shadows against the sunrise.
I felt so fortunate to be a part of this spectacular morning; vivid color, clarity and stillness.
As the sun rose, it cast a back light to the mountains in the west and made them look like they were on fire.

Me and Janet, my sweet Bluegrass friend! We spent our time in Joshua Tree National Park hiking through the desert, climbing on the boulders, discovering hidden treasures, playing our guitars and roasting cinnamon rolls over the campfire...such fun.
"The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.