Sunday, March 25, 2012

Flagstaff, AZ....the good, the bad and the ugly.

Today is the first day of my southwest journey and what better way to spend it then stopping for lunch at Macy's in Flagstaff. I love this place! Cute, vegetarian cafe that serves killer coffee, vegan chili and fresh salads; and yes they even have cowboys in Flagstaff!
Just look at all those caramel apples; all kinds, flavors and toppings!

I stood on the tracks, thinking of trains and journeys and life.

The Church of the Nativity is the first catholic church established in Flagstaff. They celebrated their first Mass on Christmas, 1888. The church name was later changed to "Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary." The present structure was completed and dedicated in 1950 and is complete with stained glass windows, gargoyles and a choir loft.
The altar in the front of the church; unbelievably awesome.I just happened to arrive during a Chamber Choir concert that truly sounded like angels singing in the sanctuary.

The choir loft glowing with light and color.

The ugly side of Flagstaff; a dirty back alley.


An old hotel with a coffee/martini bar, free WiFi and stays open till 2 am in the morning...different.

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.