Wednesday, February 20, 2019

San Diego, California, Beaches in the Winter


On Christmas day, after celebrating with Isaac, Ashley and Dylan, I drove down to the beach in Oceanside. It was such an exciting, wet, wild atmosphere! The waves were crashing on the shore and only a few people were about.
Same day, different beach, just as beautiful, just as wild.
 I am forever fascinated with the  pattens in the sand, and the formation of the waves. It is always changing, and I never see the same thing twice.
 The sound is incredible when the waves crash on the rocky shore, then recede back over the smooth rocks on the sand.
It was so cold that Christmas Day, and so windy.I was surprised to see these two brave men out there in the water, windsurfing!
They just shot across the water as if they were racing. It was right about this time that it started to rain. It was already so cold, and getting wet only made it colder. I quickly turned around and headed back to my car. 
 Different day, different beach in Carlsbad. When I am not out camping in the mountains, or exploring the desert, or chasing down some new national park,  I love to spend my free time at the  beach, wandering, watching and wading in the water.
 One morning after dropping my friends at the airport, I drove down to the San Diego Harbor and cruised along the waterfront, talking to the street people and drinking coffee.
 This was taken on November 1, at a Bluegrass party in Encinitas. Our wonderful friend Bill, invited the group over to his house, which overlooks the ocean, to eat and play music. It was one of the most stupendous, magnificent, gorgeous sunsets I have ever seen. 
 Each moment grew more spectacular. We all gasped in amazement at the magnificent artistry of our Creator God. The heavens truly do declare the glory of God!
Good night one and all. I will be off soon to Indiana, as Trump has signed in a new National Park! This summer in American Samoa was supposed to be the grand finale, and I would have visited and camped in all 60 of our National Parks! Now there is one more, Number 61, Indiana Dunes National Park, along the shore of Lake Michigan. Now I went to Lake Michigan, does that count? No, I will go to the new park and be happy, happy, happy! 


Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.