Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Big Bear Lake, California

 Several weeks ago, I drove up to Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains to visit my friend Nancy. On the way up the clouds were resting in the valley and looked almost spooky!
 On the way in, I stopped at Boulder Bay to have a look about. It is all so pretty up there, and it is up there! The elevation is 6752 feet! Quite a change from my sea level elevation.
According to the Big Bear History Site,  Big Bear Lake was actually a small swampy lake until 1885, when Frank Brown built a rock dam that didn’t actually create a new lake, but increased the size of the already existing lake to about ten times it’s normal size. For over 25 years the rock dam at Big Bear Lake managed to hold strong until it was eventually replaced by the concrete multi arch Eastwood Dam in 1911.
 Acres of California Goldenrod bloom along the shore at Big Bear Lake.
 Meet Nancy, a dear friend of mine who I have known since 1973!
 We took a hike along the lake and saw some of the prettiest scenery I've seen since North Dakota!
 Yes, that is me, loving life in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains. 
One of my favorite verses comes to mind when I look at this picture.  "Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:7 How sweet it is to rest.
 Oh yeah, me and my new boyfriend!
One last shot of the gorgeous scenery in Big Bear Lake! So very pretty. Good night and God bless each and every one of you. Susan Little

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.