Thursday, April 24, 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia

 Downtown Charlottesville is one of those very cool towns with history and old, funky buildings mixed in with art, upbeat ideas and happenings. Me and Dorothy, Dan and Eli took one day and roamed the city, listened to live music and visited the art gallery.
Eli found a chalkboard wall and immediately the artist in him, grabbed some chalk and started in.
This old building appealed to all my senses.
When I get to heaven, I hope to live in a house with beautiful windows like these that reflect the light, color and shadows.
Dan treated us all to dinner at a fantastic hamburger joint, that made me very happy.......
After dinner, we roamed the city and sat outside, drinking coffee and people watching.
I was so happy to see these young kids playing Bluegrass music, and playing it very well I might add. Made me miss all my Bluegrass buddies back home. Love you guys!
Fun places to shop, look and browse.
 We passed this very special tile chair that somebody said we weren't allowed to sit in; therefore I promptly sat down and Eli took my picture.
 Eli, Kyle and Dorothy; how I miss you guys!!!!!
 The whole family, Dan, Eli, Kyle, Dorothy and Rex the dog; I kept trying to bring Rex with me as I totally fell in love with him, but nobody liked the idea. They probably wanted me to take the stinky little pug dog, but I wanted Rex!
Me and Dorothy, my little sister who always looks 17. So good to be with her and her family for a whole week. Must do this again!
On several nights, Dan built a huge bonfire in the backyard.
 So much fun to sit around the fire and talk. Their backyard is so spacious, with very tall trees, flowering plants, moss and grass.
On our last walk together, Dorothy took me down to the Rivanna River and we walked the trail bordering the river. Amazing that this much natural beauty is in the heart of this old city.
 An old building near Dorothy's home is now an antique shop, overflowing with junk in every single corner, space and shelf. Fun but a bit stifling inside; I like the outside much better.

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.