Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Palomar Mountain, California

First taste of snow! Me and my friend Stan took the boys up to Palomar Mountain where we met Mr. Snowman.
Overnight, the mountain was covered in snow; very cold, very beautiful. When we arrived at the State Park, it was 27 degrees, with a biting wind.
My grandson, Ethan, nearly froze when he stepped into the snow in his blue jeans, but after a few runs down the hill, he had a blast.
There is something so pretty about frozen trees.
My grandsons, Ethan and Wyatt, coming down the hill together.
Wyatt figured out how to snowboard on this little tiny board, and was soon racing down the hill, completely frozen but having the time of his life.
Wyatt with his red board; he owned that thing.
Ethan and Wyatt, frozen stiff, but having the time of their lives. As soon as we got in the car to come home, Wyatt asked, "When can we come back again?"

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.